Student Records

Change your Name

Please immediately advise the Office of the Registrar, in writing, of any change in your name so that your student and/or alumni records remain accurate. Students are responsible for the accuracy and validity of their contact information. Important correspondence can be forwarded to students throughout the academic year and beyond. Anyone wishing to have NTC records reflect a name change must fill out a Change of Name Form and provide the Office of the Registrar with at least one of the following official government-issued pieces of identification:

  • Valid Driver’s License*
  • Provincial ID Card*
  • Passport *
  • Citizenship Documentation

*Only current identification will be recognized as valid. Expired identification will not be accepted for name change. Under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act of Alberta, the student must complete, sign and date the Change of Name form. The Student Services staff member shall verify identification and record the applicable number on the form. A photocopy of presented identification may be required.

Change your Address

Students should either update their address in Student Services online under “Change My Address Information” or complete the Change of Address Form and submit it::

  • In person at the Student Services Reception Desk
  • By fax to: 780-462-4013
  • Via mail to:

    Office of the Registrar
    Newman Theological College
    10012-84 Street NW
    Edmonton, AB T6A 0B2

Please make sure to include your student ID, effective date of the change and ensure you sign the form.

Privacy Protection

The personal information that you provide to register will be collected in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) legislation of the Government of Alberta.
Information collected is used to maintain NTC records in processing your enrollment, monitoring academic progress, providing tax receipts, distributing follow-up NTC related information, graduation and fund-raising/alumni contact.

Personal information collected may also be used by NTC or disclosed to third parties for other operational purposes that are consistent with the mission of NTC or as required by the Statistics Act (Canada) or by the Government of Alberta. Public inquiries directly related to the collection, use and disclosure of the personal information provided should be directed to the Registrar, Student Services.

Grade Point Averages (GPA)

Semester GPA: The term GPA is calculated by dividing the sum of grade points achieved in a semester by the sum of all credits attempted in that term. A semester GPA shows on the transcript.

Cumulative GPA (CGPA): The CGPA is calculated by dividing the sum of total grade points achieved at NTC by the sum of all credits attempted at NTC.

Graduation GPA (GGPA): The GGPA is calculated by dividing the sum of all grade points achieved and counted towards a program credential by the sum of all those credits.

Note that notations of W – withdrawal – or TR – transfer – are not included in any GPA calculation.

Request Confirmation Letters

The Office of the Registrar provides a number of confirmation letters pertaining to:

  • Current/Past registration
  • Having met graduation requirements
  • Eligibility for continuing registration
  • Full time program acceptance (for first year applicants)
  • Graduation
  • Confirmation of enrolment for immigration purposes

To request a confirmation letter:

Send a request in writing to the Registrar stating who the confirmation letter is for and any other special instructions.

By email:

By fax: (780) 462.4013

In person: At the Office of Registrar

By mail:

Office of the Registrar
Newman Theological College
10012-84 Street
Edmonton, AB
T6A 0B2

This service is free of charge.

Quick Links