Cost of Education

The following is an estimate of the cost of living while studying at NTC. Your cost of living may be higher or lower depending on your choice of lifestyle. A single student living economically can manage on approximately $32,000 – $33,500 a year.

Tuition and General Fees - 2017 - 2018

Cost Per On Campus Course or Online Course: $639.00
Cost Per Distance Education Course: $699.00

Administration Fee, Per Semester

Full-time & Part-time Students: $35.00

Student Association Fee, Per Semester

Full-time Student: $40.00
Part-time Student: $25.00

Library Usage Fee

Per Course $10.00

Lay Formation Fee

Per Semester On Campus or Online: $426.00

Tuition per Academic Year

The tuition per academic year (September – December, 2017 and January – April, 2018) for a full-time, on campus lay student (5 courses per semester or 10 courses per academic year, lay formation, administration, and student association fees) is $7512.00.

Books and Supplies

Depending on program and number of courses: $1200.00 per year.

Living Expenses

Rent and Utilities

(based on single occupancy): $900.00 - $1100.00 per month


$550.00 per month


(toiletries, laundry, entertainment) $300.00 per month
Warm clothing is essential in the winter. Coats, sweaters, hats, mitts, and boots could cost you approximately $600.00.

Monthly Bus Pass

$85.00 per month


Newman Theological College does not have a residence for lay students.

Please see the following links to find suitable accommodations:

Students wishing to find a residence may contact NTC and we may be able to assist arranging residence at either King's University College or St. Joseph's College.


An application for Alberta Health Care coverage can be obtained from Alberta Health & Wellness, P.O. Box 1360 Stn. Main, Edmonton, AB T5J 2N3. Tel: (780) 427-1432. For service in person: 10025 Jasper Avenue N.W.
Website: Low income students may qualify for subsidies based on income.

Study in Alberta

Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires that you show proof of sufficient funds to live and study in Canada. Your local Citizenship and Immigration Canada office can provide you with more detailed information. C.I.C. website:

Quick Links