To submit your job opportunity here please contact the webmaster. These job opportunities are from external sources and must be contacted directly when applying.
R.C. DIOCESE OF CALGARY
COORDINATOR, SOCIAL JUSTICE
Temporary (one year)
The RC Diocese of Calgary provides leadership, formation and support to the Catholic parishes and people of Southern Alberta.
The RC Diocese of Calgary invites applications for a full time Coordinator of Social Justice. This is a temporary assignment anticipated to be 1 year to cover a leave.
The Coordinator of Social Justice is responsible for raising awareness on current social justice issues as they relate to the Gospel message and social teachings of the Church. This position:
- serves as a catalyst and ongoing resource to parishes to develop and maintain parish efforts which link direct service, advocacy, action and empowerment toward concerns of local and global justice
- researches, analyses, educates, advocates, and responds to local, national and international issues of social and economic justice
- serves on various committees that address current social justice issues and promote social change such as Diocesan Housing, Social Justice Commission, Prison Ministry
- works collaboratively and effectively within the Church structure with the Bishop, clergy, religious, laity
- encourages parish and school participation in the educational programs of Development and Peace and financial support for their socio-economic projects in developing countries
- coordinates Development and Peace presentations, workshops, meetings, displays, etc. with the Diocesan Council and liaise with the Regional Animator
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of Roman Catholic theology on social justice, be a practicing Roman Catholic, well rooted in his/her faith, with strong abilities to apply the Gospel message to current day global and local social issues. He/she will be a highly organized leader and team player, a skilled researcher, knowledgeable about world events and issues, a strategic thinker/planner, a superb communicator/presenter/facilitator, resourceful and have a high level of computer and internet skills. He/she will be a person with imagination, energy, and enthusiasm.
The Coordinator must have a reliable vehicle and valid drivers licence, as travel throughout the Diocese is required. Flexibility in work hours is required to accommodate evening/weekend sessions. Physical ability is required for setting up and taking down of tables, chairs, computers, screens, etc.
STRENGTHENING OUR PARISH COMMUNITIES - The Diocese of Calgary fosters “Strengthening Our Parish Communities” a safe environment program. Screening includes a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Information Check and Agreement to the Model Code of Conduct. (see www.calgarydiocese.ca/human-resources
TO APPLY - This competition will remain open until September 19, 2014
Interested persons may apply by submitting a complete Application Package including:
• Application for Employment downloadable at www.calgarydiocese.ca/human-resources
• Covering letter describing their suitability for the position by one of the following:
• Resume or CV
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax to : (403) 232-6349 (to the Attention of Human Resources)
Mail to Human Resources, Catholic Pastoral Centre
120 – 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 2T2
If your e-mail is not confirmed as being received, please contact Human Resources at (403) 218-5533.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
External job opportunities are provided for information purposes only. When seeking any employment, it is incumbent upon the individual to conduct the appropriate screening before pursuing a position. NTC does not endorse or take responsibility for the views of any employment recruitment organization or the accuracy of the information provided by any of these organizations.