Winter 2015 - seminar schedule
The following seminars will run this coming Winter term
At Newman Theological College Campus (from January 12 to April 10). To register please contact Newman Theological College at 780 392 2450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2014 - seminar schedule
The following seminars will run this Fall term.
At Newman Theological College Campus (from September 15 to December 05):
- Mondays (12.10 - 1.00 pm): Church Fathers:
- Topic: St John Chrysostom - selected Homilies on the Gospel of John
- Hosted by Fr. Ayodele Ayeni
- Wednesdays (12.10 - 1.00 pm): Sacred Scriptures
- Topic: the book of the prophet Jeremiah
- Hosted by Stéphane Saulnier
- Thursdays (12.10 - 1.00 pm): New Evangelisation / Magisterium
- Topic: St John Paul II - 'Apostolic Exhortation on the Family - Familiaris Consortio'
- Hosted by Fr Stefano Penna
- Fridays (12.10 - 1.00 pm): Catholic Saints and Mystics
- Topic: St Catherine of Sienna - The Dialogues
- Hosted by Fr Stephen Hero
At Holy Family Parish, Poirier Avenue, St Albert (From September 15 to December 15)
- Mondays (7.00 - 7.50 pm): Sacred Scriptures
- Topic: The Gospel according to St Matthew
- Hosted by Stéphane Saulnier
- Mondays (8.10 - 9.00 pm): Ecritures Saintes [this seminar is run in French]
- L'évangile selon St Matthieu
- Stéphane Saulnier
At St Andrew's parish, 12810 111 Av., Edmonton (from September 17 to December 03):
- Wednesdays (7.00 - 8.00 pm): Church Fathers / Sacred Scriptures
- Topic: The Poor and Charity in the Gospel of Luke: the Commentaries of St John Chrysostom
- Hosted by: Fr Ayodele Ayeni
The Treasures of the Faith seminar series, introduced in 2011 by the Scripture, History and Foundation Department at Newman Theological College, and since January 2014 offered by the Benedict XVI Institute for New Evangelization, is designed to explore the treasures of the Catholic faith through reading foundational texts that have shaped Catholic Tradition. Each individual series lasts a semester and focuses either on a particular period of Church history, a particular theological theme, or a particular Church Father, Doctor of the Church, or Catholic Mystic. Texts are selected from Sacred Scriptures, the writings of the Church Fathers and Doctors of the Church, as well as from the contributions of the Church's Magisterium.
These seminars are not for credit and are open to all. No homework! No prior knowledge necessary! Attendance is free! All that is required is the availability and desire to set aside time to immerse oneself in the treasures of the faith for the purpose of nourishing our faith. Some seminars have a limited number of open spots - please register by email at email@example.com or by phone at 780.392.2450.
Seminars start at 12.10 PM until 1.00 PM. Mass is celebrated at the College during the Fall and Winter terms on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 11.30 am. You are more than welcome to join us in the Blessed John Henry Newman Chapel. There is no mass at the College during Intersession (May-June) and Summer (July August) terms.
I hope you can join us! Please contact me with any question you may have.