To submit your job opportunity here please contact Michelle Maxwell.These job opportunities are from external sources and must be contacted directly when applying.
JOB OPENING C.A.C.R. de Saint Boniface Diocesan Coordinator of Evangelization and Adult Faith Formation
Title : Diocesan Coordinator of Evangelization and Adult Faith Formation
Department : Pastoral Services
Salary : Salary and Benefits commensurate with the salary schedule and benefits package of the Archdiocese
Supervisor : Pierre-Alain Giffard, Director of Pastoral Services
Type of position: Full-time
Hours : 35/week
Starting date: As soon as possible
- Organize, coordinate and promote the diocesan initiatives in regards to missionary evangelization1 (see footnote 1) and adult faith formation.
- Be the primary resource for pastoral regions and parishes in both areas.
- Work with the Diocesan Adult Education Committee, the advisory body to the Office of Evangelization and Life-Long Learning in the Faith.
- Coordinate the Nathanael Lay Formation Process with the assistance of the Formation Team, for both the French and English sectors of the Archdiocese
- Promote the activities and the process of the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults and be the RCIA resource person for parishes.
- Participate in the organization of major diocesan activities and endeavours related to evangelization, such as the annual Diocesan Celebration of the Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Collaborate with the Diocesan Gathering Committee with respect to evangelization activities planned for the annual celebration of St. Boniface.
- Form and lead a committee for the New Evangelization.
- Work in collaboration with the Archdiocesan staff to foster the links between ARISE Together in Christ and the Archdiocesan Spiritual and Pastoral Plan for Renewal in order to encourage the on-going work of the small Christian Communities following the program ARISE Together in Christ.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Church publications that relate to the work of evangelization: among others, that of the General Directory for Catechesis, the RCIA and the CCCB publication On Good Soil.
- Have training in theology.
- Be fully in agreement with the thinking and the teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Have prayer as an important part of your life and your work.
- Be passionate about and have experience with evangelization amongst people who do not know Christ or have become distant from him.
- Take the spiritual renewal and the adult faith formation most seriously.
- Have strong leadership skills, be able to organize, delegate, act as facilitator in groups and work cooperatively with teams.
- Speaks and writes French and English well.
- Be familiar with parish life and able to communicate comfortably with parishes and pastoral staff.
- Be highly competent in the area of computer software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite’s Word, Outlook, Power Point and Publisher.
- Be available to work some evenings and weekends, particularly in relation to the Nathanael Lay Ministry Formation Process,
- Be free to travel throughout the Archdiocese; therefore, must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Keep abreast of the diocesan and regional initiatives currently underway in the area of evangelization, as well as of those in other Catholic Dioceses
- Keep abreast of methods, approaches and tools available to evangelize people who are not journeying within the Church.
- Establish a long term plan of evangelization in the Archdiocese in collaboration with diocesan staff, personnel of deaneries and pastoral regions and with the Diocesan Adult Education Committee
- Be aware of educational courses in faith education available to adults from post-secondary institutions as well as opportunities available through the Internet.
- Become knowledgeable of the parishes’ endeavours with the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA), be their resource person and make recommendations for improvements or implementation.
- Plan, coordinate and offer workshops wherever advisable.
- Maintain regular communication with parishes concerning formation and education initiatives.
- Maintain a liaison with educational institutions that could support our endeavours in the area of evangelization.
- Submit periodical reports to the Archbishop and the Diocesan Administration Council.
Please forward resumes with cover letter stating your expected salary.
Please include the names of three references, including that of your pastor.
Director of Pastoral Services
622 Taché Avenue
Winnipeg MB R2H 2B4
This position will remain open until filled.
External job opportunities are provided for information purposes only. When seeking any employment, it is incumbent upon the individual to conduct the appropriate screening before pursuing a position. NTC does not endorse or take responsibility for the views of any employment recruitment organization or the accuracy of the information provided by any of these organizations.