Newman Theological College
Assistant Professor: Pastoral Theology
Located in Edmonton Alberta, Newman Theological College (NTC) is a Roman Catholic School of Theology committed to the provision of theological education to Christian men and women. The college prepares laity, religious and ordained ministers for service and leadership to meet the needs of the Church in Western Canada.
An opportunity exists to join the faculty of the college on a full-time basis to teach Pastoral Theology. Teaching 5 courses per year, the successful candidate will supervise field education placements for lay Master of Divinity students in professional ministries as well as lead theological reflection seminars upon placements. This work in pastoral formation will include developing strong relationships with organizations and institutions including parishes, hospitals, prisons and missions.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have
- a Ph.D. in Pastoral Theology or Theology with pastoral experience in a Catholic context.
- A sound understanding and acceptance of the principles of Catholic higher education is required.
- An ability to teach in other areas of Catholic Theology and Religious Education beyond Pastoral Theology is highly desirable.
NTC is committed to serving its students by delivering its courses on campus, online, and through alternative methods.
In accordance with Canadian law this announcement is directed primarily but not exclusively to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Newman Theological College encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, native peoples, and persons with disabilities. Newman Theological College is a member of the Association of Theological Schools and adheres to the principles of Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
Employment is scheduled to start on August 1st 2014. Review of applications will begin Jan. 17th 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please submit (hard copies) your curriculum vitae and a 500 words statement expounding your teaching philosophy and suitability for this position. Also have three letters of reference forwarded directly to: Dr. Jason West, President, Newman Theological College 10012 – 84 St. Edmonton, AB, T6A 0B2.
For more information on the college please visit our website at www.newman.edu or phone 780-392-2455.
The Catholic Campus is in need of volunteers to help maintain the grounds on our 23 acre property located along 84th street between 101st and 98th Avenue. Your commitment would include:
- Watering and weeding of flower beds
- Pruning shrubs and small branches
- Collecting and Disposal of any refuse, small branches/twigs, weeds
- Raking excess grass clipping and leaves
In return you get:
- Increased satisfaction in your life by participating in the beautification of the grounds surrounding St. Joseph Seminary, Newman Theological College, the Pastoral and Administration Office and Villa Vianney (priest’s retirement home).
- Supervised by a qualified gardener when available.
- Increased connection with the Catholic Campus.
- Make new friends and contacts.
- Increased physical activity.
- Teaches valuable job skills.
- Pride in a job everyone will notice.
- Relaxing and fun atmosphere.
If you are interested, physically capable, 16 years or older and can make a commitment (one time or ongoing) please contact:
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
780-392-2450 ext 5224
Or by e-mail at rcroteau(at)caedm.ca