We have an opportunity available to provide administrative support services at Newman Theological College specifically to the Benedict XVI Institute for New Evangelization and to Newman Library. Working in a shared team environment, the responsibilities of this position include database management, registering students into the various programs offered by the Institute - in particular the Certificate in Catholic Studies, preparing reports from the database, supporting College communications by creating diplomas and certificates and updating the College website. The position is also responsible for providing circulation services in the library including circulating, discharging, renewing items and periodical check-in, assisting patrons and shelving returned items.
Qualifications: High school certificate and post secondary training in office administration with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook and some related experience is required. A combination of education and related experience will be considered. Some knowledge of Access database design and Adobe Acrobat forms as well as website design and HTML would be an asset. Excellent organizational and communications skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills are required. Must have an attitude of service. Knowledge of the Catholic faith is desirable.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume/application with references by October 8, 2015 to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Catholic Campus is in need of volunteers to help maintain the grounds on our 23 acre property located along 84th street between 101st and 98th Avenue. Your commitment would include:
- Watering and weeding of flower beds
- Pruning shrubs and small branches
- Collecting and Disposal of any refuse, small branches/twigs, weeds
- Raking excess grass clipping and leaves
In return you get:
- Increased satisfaction in your life by participating in the beautification of the grounds surrounding St. Joseph Seminary, Newman Theological College, the Pastoral and Administration Office and Villa Vianney (priest’s retirement home).
- Supervised by a qualified gardener when available.
- Increased connection with the Catholic Campus.
- Make new friends and contacts.
- Increased physical activity.
- Teaches valuable job skills.
- Pride in a job everyone will notice.
- Relaxing and fun atmosphere.
If you are interested, physically capable, 16 years or older and can make a commitment (one time or ongoing) please contact:
The Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton
780-392-2450 ext 5224
Or by e-mail at rcroteau(at)caedm.ca